Here’s what’s on the menu this week:
- Sunday: Chili in homemade bread bowls
- Monday: (I have a school board meeting to cover and my husband has to tape “On Iowa Live,” so the kids will be responsible for their own dinner.
- Tuesday: Chicken pesto Panini (new recipe for the week)
- Wednesday: Cooking classes at Kirkwood; Scott and the kids are on their own.
- Thursday: Brinner (breakfast at dinner) – buttermilk waffles
- Friday: Go out to eat because we are attending a screening of “The Wedge.”
- Saturday: Homemade pizza
My grocery bill was $144.18. This includes the meals listed above, lunches for the kids all week (they brown bag it 4 days out of 5), lunches at work (it is much easier to bring lunch to work when it is 2 degrees outside — no sandwich is worth the walk in that), restocking some pantry items and ingredients to make Jif Peanut Butter Pie and mini apple pie. Monday is National Pie Day, after all.