I learned three things yesterday.
1. Soaking fingers in milk really does ease a jalapeno pepper burn.
2. My kids don’t react when they walk in the kitchen and see me soaking my hands in a bowl of milk.
3. Hulling strawberries is a lot easier than I thought.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 24 strawberries, hulled
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
Wash strawberries and pat dry. Hollow out strawberries with a spoon.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, jalapeno, lime juice and chili powder.
Stuff strawberries with the cheese mixture. Dip cheese end of strawberry into cilantro.
Refrigerate one hour and serve.
Source: Jalapeno Madness (www.jalapenomadness.com)