I spent four hours today making four jalapeno recipes for a photo shoot. Several of the people I interviewed for this story said this year’s crop will be hotter than previous years because of the drought.
The way my fingers are burning (#$%^!& seeds) makes me think I should have listened to them.
I’m soaking my fingers in a bowl of milk — Look at me, Mom! Blogging with one hand! — but it was worth it.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Combine the cilantro, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and Parmesan cheese in a blender; pulse until the mixture reaches a soft, paste-like consistency.