I bought a container of grape tomatoes a few days ago. I didn’t have a plan when I bought them. They were on sale, they looked good and I’m trying to develop a taste for tomatoes, so into the grocery cart they went.
Because I’m going out of town this weekend, it was now or never for the grape tomatoes. I whipped up this salad and had a nice lunch.
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Cook the orzo according to the package directions; drain and run under cold water to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, onion, dill, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the orzo and toss well. Gently fold in the feta.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Recipe courtesy of The Good Neighbor Cookbook