Years ago my older sister surprised me with a pumpkin pie at one of our family’s holiday gatherings. This wasn’t an ordinary pumpkin pie, but a three-layer pie.
So, so good.
This was the first Thanksgiving I attempted to make it myself and it was still good, but I think she does a better job.
- 1 8-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup evaporated milk, chilled
- 2 pkgs vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped topping
COMBINE cream cheese, 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of pie crust.
POUR 1 cup evaporated milk into bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 1 minute (mixture will be thick). Stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until well mixed. Spread over cream cheese layer.
REFRIGERATE for 4 hours or until set. Cover with whipped topping before serving.